Tuition and Financial Aid
While Veritas School ranks third in the Portland metro area for SAT scores, our education costs significantly less than comparable schools in the area. We believe an outstanding classical, Christian education should be attainable financially for anyone who wants it.
Many families at our school have found ways to make a Veritas education possible for their children. Please consider the following creative solutions for paying tuition:
- Become a substitute teacher at Veritas. When you serve in this capacity, the school pays $12-$14 per hour toward tuition, and substitutes do not need to be state certified teachers.
- Free up monthly cash flow and get out from under car payments by selling an existing car and purchasing one of lesser value.
- Request assistance from a grandparent.
- Explore using a 529 Plan. This is a new possibility beginning in 2018.
- If you’re not using EveryDollar (https://www.everydollar.com) or some other monthly budgeting tool, consider doing so today. Careful budgeting can free up a surprising amount of money each month.
We are not suggesting that these options are all feasible for every family, but they are worth prayerful consideration.
Although it is important that the family assumes primary responsibility for financing a student’s education, Veritas School strives to assist families who are facing difficult financial situations and has committed funds to aid those who find themselves in such a situation. Awarding financial aid is a challenging task. Analysis of financial need is accomplished through FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition), a third-party company that makes recommendations to Veritas. Aid awards are based on financial need and commitment to Veritas School.
In 2018-19 Veritas awarded over $100,000 in financial aid to 36 students, representing 17% of the student body. To complete a FAST application, please visit their website.
- For NEW families, you are welcome to submit an application for aid after your New Family Application has been completed and submitted to the school. Please do not apply for financial aid prior to applying to Veritas.
- For RETURNING families, the priority application deadline is March 15. Copies of tax returns may be sent separately by April 15.
Veritas School does not unbiblically discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, or national origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and scholarships programs, athletic programs and other school-directed programs.