Current Family Resources
Carline Instructions and Guidelines
Safety and Efficiency
- Please don’t use your cell phone during carline.
- Please don’t get out of your car when you’re in one of our four “stations.” If your child needs more help getting in your car than our sixth graders can provide, or if you need to give your child a hug before he or she gets in, please park your car, walk up to your child’s teacher, and fetch your child from there.
- Please arrange car seats and groceries in such a way that your child can climb in from the passenger’s side without too much trouble or delay.
- If you park and walk, please use only one of the official crosswalks and cooperate with the sixth grade worker in charge there.
- Please make it easy for our carline workers to understand you–roll down your window, turn off your car stereo, and speak clearly.
- If you’re in your vehicle in carline, please don’t use this time for conversations with other parents. If you need to speak to someone, please park and find your friend on foot.
- All our elementary students should be in their cars by 3:00. Things get messy when elementary students are still waiting to be picked up when the secondary students join the crowd at 3. Please pick up your elementary students on time.
- If you are picking up both elementary students and secondary students, please plan to pick up the elementary students before 3:00, circle around, park if you need to, and pick up the secondary students after 3:00 and before 3:15.
- And after 3:00, if you’re waiting for an secondary student who has not come out to carline yet, you must circle around and get in the back of the line.
- Please tell your secondary students that it is their job to come out to carline as soon as they can, keep an eye out for their ride, and get into their vehicle as quickly as possible when it arrives. Please do not ask a sixth grade worker to find a secondary student for you; this isn’t their job.
- There is only one correct way to enter the parking lot: southbound on College, turn right. Please do not turn left into our parking lot from College.
- There is only one correct way to exit the parking lot: exit onto Mission, turn left on Mission, and then turn right on College. Please do not turn left onto College from Mission, and please do not exit the parking lot onto College.
- Short version: enter only from College southbound, and exit only onto Mission.
- If you’re walking in the parking lot, there are only two correct ways to cross the flow of traffic: at the marked crosswalk near the sixth grader directing traffic, and at the sidewalk alongside Mission. Please don’t cross anywhere else.
Parking Carpool Instructions
Veritas School exclusively uses Lands End and Dennis Uniform for all school uniform needs.
Lands End uniform pieces can be found online www.landsend.com/school (Code# 900136276
Dennis Uniform pieces can be found in their physical location in Portland or online at www.dennisuniform.com. Use Dennis Uniform for plaid items only – Choose from any of the “Marymount” plaid items available through Dennis Uniform – for elementary (K-6) girls only.
If a student is ill or will be out of school for any reason (doctor appointments, etc) parents need to contact the school via email by 8:30am on the morning of the absence rather than by calling the office.
High school students are able to sign themselves in and out of class during the day for excused absences or to leave campus for lunch.
If a student is absent and the school has not been notified, the parents will receive a phone call verifying their child’s absence.
Veritas Illness Policy: A child is considered ill if he/she has a temperature of 99 degrees accompanied with symptoms (headache, sore throat, ear ache, chills, upset stomach, diarrhea, etc…) If these symptoms develop during the day the child will be sent home. A child will not be able to return to school until they are fever and vomit free for 24 hours, without the use of medication. The administrative office shall be the final arbiter as to whether a child is too sick to remain at school on any given day.
Contributing Yearbook Photos
The yearbook club is always in need of photos. This year we are partnering with Lifetouch (our student photography company) to create our yearbook. The following link will take you to a pdf of the instructions for submitting photos for use.
In addition to these instructions, please note: whenever you upload photos to our Lifetouch website to PLEASE also add your name to the item description or as a key word, and also back up the photos rather than deleting them from your files. We may possibly need to use your photos for other publications and would appreciate being able to contact you to get the original.
Finally, remember that you can always check out the cameras available in the office for campus events. If you know you will need a camera on particular day, please reserve it ahead of time, using the Reservation Sheet. To help streamline the contribution of photos for the yearbook, you can simply check out the camera, take the pictures, and then check the camera in. The yearbook club staff will retrieve the pictures from the camera and upload them to the Lifetouch site.
Hot Lunch Program
The Hot Lunch Program was designed to support the field trips of the 6th and 8th grade classes. Each class offers different food options during the week. The programs are managed by parent volunteers in each class. All questions about the program should be directed to those volunteers as the office staff has no involvement in these programs.
Offered every other Friday the hot lunch includes burger, chips and ice cream.
Orders are taken on a two month rotation using the order form. Payment and the form must be turned in by the deadline listed on the order form.
For questions, please contact the Parent Coordinator directly.
Offered every Tuesday, hot lunch includes 1, 2 or 3 slices of pizza, a side and a drink.
Orders are taken on a two month rotation using the online order form. NO PAPER ORDERS ARE ACCEPTED. Orders are due no later than the last Thursday of each month. Payments are due the Monday prior to the first hot lunch.
For questions, please contact the Parent Coordinator directly.
Veritas Family Community Bulletin Board
The Veritas Family Community Bulletin Board (VFCBB) is a private bulletin board for the families of Veritas School. If you have something to sell, a service to offer or a need to fill (babysitter, accountant or painter for example), then this is the place.
Since the bulletin board is private, you will need to gain access to the page by requesting the access code. Once you receive the access code, please do the following: